Thursday, April 15, 2010

Paul and John

There is no doubt that the Lennon/McCartney songwriting duo was the greatest in history. However, what can be called into question is which of the member was more talented. I would say Paul, by a long shot. Here's why: When you think of the Beatles, what are the first songs that come to mind? My guess is that among them would be Yesterday, Let it Be, and Hey Jude. All of these songs were written by Paul. While John did write fantastic songs including All You Need is Love, Across the Universe, and Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds; I personally would always prefer Penny Lane over Strawberry Fields Forever and Maybe I'm Amazed over Imagine. I have other reasons for having prejudice against John including: Yoko, sacrificing music for politics, rude comments about George Harrison. If ignored all of these I would still vote Paul more talented. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment