These are what I believe to be the top 20 songs of the decade according to popularity, radio time, and chart success. I tried to have absolutely no bias in ranking these songs (I don’t even like some of them). Let me know what you think, give suggestions, make criticisms, tell me what I missed. But mostly, enjoy some of the best music of an era when punk children’s Bibles were American Idiot and artists like Jay Z and 50 Cent gave “swag” to even the whittest of Catholic boys.
1. Yeah! – Usher Featuring Lil John & Ludacris
2. Hey Ya! – Outkast
3. Bad Day – Daniel Powter
4. Crazy in Love – Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
5. Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Green Day
6. Bye Bye Bye - *NSYNC
7. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
8. Lose Yourself - Eminem
9. Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s
10.Toxic – Britney Spears
11. Smooth – Santana Featuring Rob Thomas
12. We Belong Together – Mariah Carey
13. Low – Flo Rida Featuring T Pain
14. In Da Club – 50 Cent
15. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
16. Umbrella - Rihanna
17. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
18. Poker Face – Lady Gaga
19. Beautiful – Christina Aguilera
20. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfiled
Honorable Mention goes to:
Irreplaceable - Beyonce
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Viva La Vida – Coldplay
Hot in Herre – Nelly
Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
This Love – Maroon 5
Since You’ve Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
Sexyback – Justin Timberlake
Temperature – Sean Paul
I will try to extend this list to a top 50, but this is what I have for now.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Although it sounds like it was produced in someone's garage, I would make an argument for "Crank That". White people continue to humiliate themselves while dancing to it, to this day.
ReplyDeleteYeah you might be right...
ReplyDeletehahaha four twenty baby!
ReplyDelete