Sunday, April 25, 2010
Vinyl
Recently I heard on 92.3 WTTS that vinyl sales are up. This makes me very happy. Too many people illegally download all the music they listen to. For the past several years, virtually all musicians were only making money from touring rather than record sales. I think listening to rock n roll the way they did in the 60's and 70's makes people believe that there is something to be excited about in music again. More and more vintage sounding rock n roll bands are bursting onto the scene, and now with the change of the decade, I believe rock n roll may be able to take back the music industry from rap. Optimistic, yes. Impossible, no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am honestly not surprised at all by your blog idea Brendan, but I loved reading all of your posts. I love the idea of vintage rock n roll and listening to music on vinyl. I love the idea of bringing back the way people listened to music in the 60s and 70s. Although I would love to think that we can bring back the vinyl sales, I don't think that we can go back to the way we used to listen to music. Too many people download music illegally, so there is no way we can convince them to actually pay to buy records.
ReplyDelete